Earn A Bike
Thank you for your interest in our Earn-A-Bike (EAB) program. The program started as a result of the public needing transportation that could not found elsewhere in the community. Bicycles not claimed from Police Services and bicycles donated to the Bike Co-op are overhauled and placed in the EAB program.
Participants earn a bike by volunteering their services to the community. The Earn-A-Bike program requires participants to volunteer at organizations outside the Co-op. Each participant may earn only one bike per 12 month period.
Bikes can be earned by volunteering twenty hours at a state certified non-profit agency. Another option requires applicants to volunteer ten hours of service with a letter of referral indicating need or hardship. Letters of referral may be obtained from any church organization, humanitarian, government, or social services agency (including the unemployment office).
- Pick up an Earn-a-Bike application at the Bike Co-op. Applications are limited and dispersed the first of each month and are on a first come first serve basis.
- Volunteer at any non-profit organization. If you need help finding an organization, check out the United Way website. They offer many opportunities to help.
- Hours volunteered at any organization prior to receiving a Co-op application WILL NOT be accepted.
- Volunteer hours must be completed within 60 days of receiving your application.
- It is the responsibility of each EAB applicant to notify the Bike Co-op EAB Coordinator of any change in contact information. If we cannot contact you, you will be dropped from the program.
- We WILL verify your volunteer hours and check your photo ID before you can receive your bike.
- After your hours have been verified, our volunteer mechanics will build you a bike based on the information you provide to us. It may take up to four weeks to build a bike from our supply of used bikes. THE BIKES WILL BE MOUNTAIN BIKES!
- The Bike Co-op will attempt to notify you three times to pick up your bike. If you do not respond you will be dropped from the program.
Project Coordinator: email@example.com