Starting Monday, May 11th we will begin a "Soft" opening. This won't be business as usual so please bear with us as we work to adapt.
We will be open for sales of bikes and parts, but our traditional hands-on mechanic service will be replaced with "while-you-wait" repairs from our mechanics. We will be open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday from 2-5pm.
We will also be implementing several new hygienic procedures, the most important of which are:
1. Every customer and volunteer will be required to wear a mask or similar face covering the entire time you are at the Bike Co-op.
2. Every customer and volunteer must wash their hands immediately upon entering any building, and immediately after touching any bike, component, or tool that may have been touched by another person.
3. Every customer and volunteer must maintain the suggested 6 foot distance between each other at all times.
Additionally, there will be a number of changes in our sales and service policies:
1. We will not be offering guided mechanic service; rather, we will provide selective "while you wait" service for customers, where our volunteer will perform brief tune ups/repairs while the customer remains outside of the workshop area.
2. Customers will be allowed in the shop without needing to make appointments beforehand, but will be strictly limited to only a few at a time, and will not be allowed to browse or "shop around."
3. Customers will be let into the shop one at a time, and must be accompanied by a volunteer during their time inside the shop. If all volunteers are engaged, other customers must wait outside until a volunteer becomes free.
Our work-nights will remain on hiatus until further notice.
The community donates bikes and parts, we help get the bikes running, we give the bikes away to non-profit or for volunteered time. We also provide tools and know-how to anyone that wants it. More about how it works...
In order to best serve the community, the Co-op has several programs set up to specilize in separate areas. Learn more about our programs...
Want to keep up with the latest news from the Bike Co-op? Join our News mailing list.
You can sign-up for the volunteers mailing list over at the Volunteer page
We can always use your donations, or at least we can recycle them so you don't have to send them to the landfill. More about donations...
The Co-op is working with the Police Services to help return bikes to their owners. In return, some of the abandoned bikes are turned over to the Co-op. More about lost, found, and stolen bikes...
You might know us as the Bike Against! collective. We started in a garage back in 2003. It's been quite a journey since those days. More history...